in a grasshopper's words

late August in Rhos harbour

on wing 
on water 
by sunken jetty 
as last crabs are fished 

boats align 
with a rising tide
birds feed
then flee before 

autumn becomes
palpable

Berenice Dunford 
August 28th 2017 



Newer Post Older Post Home

Some Prose

  • A British Childhood

The Poems

  • A Minute's Silence
  • Annals of a square inch
  • Beginnings
  • Boredom
  • Boy with a bluish light
  • brain tumour
  • Child receiving shoebox
  • Coffee & Counsel
  • conker-leaf-stick
  • Fallen Leaf
  • i am courage
  • Identity
  • Insomniac
  • Just lately
  • Kangaroo Court
  • late August in Rhos harbour
  • Life, blood, and coffee rings.
  • Lost Angel Avenue
  • Manhattan Rocks
  • Morning flights
  • Our Timepiece
  • Peace Seek
  • Poet or Player
  • Poet/nonpoet
  • Post Office
  • Rose Garden
  • Silence is not lonely (for Rob)
  • tHE cURSE oF tHE kEYBOARD...aaaaRGhhh
  • The Iron Lady and I
  • Things We Would Do
  • threads of love
  • Unwedding Vows
  • Welsh Summer Afternoon
  • When I am quiet
  • Who am I
© Berenice Dunford. Simple theme. Theme images by sndr. Powered by Blogger.