in a grasshopper's words

Post Office.

The day after bank holiday.
Queue out into street.
Silent impatience.
Cashier hard sell.
Seriously??

If robber wished to rob
he'd have to wait in line.

Berenice Dunford
© September 2015
Newer Post Older Post Home

Some Prose

  • A British Childhood

The Poems

  • A Minute's Silence
  • Annals of a square inch
  • Beginnings
  • Boredom
  • Boy with a bluish light
  • brain tumour
  • Child receiving shoebox
  • Coffee & Counsel
  • conker-leaf-stick
  • Fallen Leaf
  • i am courage
  • Identity
  • Insomniac
  • Just lately
  • Kangaroo Court
  • late August in Rhos harbour
  • Life, blood, and coffee rings.
  • Lost Angel Avenue
  • Manhattan Rocks
  • Morning flights
  • Our Timepiece
  • Peace Seek
  • Poet or Player
  • Poet/nonpoet
  • Post Office
  • Rose Garden
  • Silence is not lonely (for Rob)
  • tHE cURSE oF tHE kEYBOARD...aaaaRGhhh
  • The Iron Lady and I
  • Things We Would Do
  • threads of love
  • Unwedding Vows
  • Welsh Summer Afternoon
  • When I am quiet
  • Who am I
© Berenice Dunford. Simple theme. Theme images by sndr. Powered by Blogger.